View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Foose

Water in tank/fuel?

83 300SD. I am driving my daughters to school this morning and the car starts acting starved for fuel. I stop at a red light and the car shuts down and will not re-start. Fuel gauge shows just under 1/2 tank. I try to manually pump some fuel but the manual pump is a piece of crap and I am getting no fuel. I took off the fuel cap and there is condensation on the inside of the cap. I walked home, got another car and empty fuel can. Dumped in 5 gallons of diesel in the 300SD, pumped the piece of crap for a few minutes until I got fuel pumping through. The car then started but would stall out again. Repeated the process about four times and then the car is running fine again. Could I have water in the fuel? If so, how would the water get there.

Next problem. I guess that I really taxed the battery with all of the cranking and not starting. All of my working idiot lights are now on. This includes the light to indicate low fuel level. (At this point, I have about 3/4 tank). Did I drain the battery to the point that idiot lights are shining at the idiot? Will this self correct?

Anybody have any interest in buying an 83 SD? I am not a mechanic and I am losing interest. I need a get in and drive car. These MB's require more TLC than I can give. If interested, shoot me a message. I live in Lancaster County, PA.