View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 01:26 AM

Learning on the Fly; 1 strut, 2 bushing kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovinola View Post
...in reading the 123 service manual I noticed that there are two versions of Struts. The first was produced up until August of '82 and the other began in September of '82. "Owing to the modification of the frame floor, a conversion from the 1st version to the second version is not possible" ....
I learned today that there are not two versions of the struts but instead there are two versions of the bushing kit that attach the upper suspension of the struts. this makes complete sense and rests my head a bit more at ease as I have a few choices from which to pull the best struts from and then i can purchase the bushing kit seperately for around $20. I still could use some advice on the following quandry:

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovinola View Post
....I am confused by the installation procedure; "move rear end of vehicle into level specified for loaded vehicle. For this purpose, measure semi-trailing arm position of rear axle and load rear end accordingly by placing weights into passenger compartment." I am unclear as to what this is telling me. Can anyone clarify exactly what this means?
Has anyone else used the MB Service Manual Disc and found it confusing or is it just my inexperience?

peace,
woody