View Single Post
Old 03-29-1999, 07:21 AM
Posts: n/a

I own a E220 cabrio( 1995 Model ) with 4 spd auto transmission ( 85K Kms).

With the Engine running, when I shift the gear from Drive into Reverse
and back, occasionally
there is a dull, clunky noise from the rear of the vehicle. I recall
somebody on a list saying that if this happens, then probably the Flex discs are
worn. What exactly are the flex discs ( Some American terminologies are different to
European ones while they refer to the same thing ), are they the ( euro phrase ) universal joints ( the flexible joints on the drive shafst?) . Is it an expensive job ?