View Single Post
Old 05-26-2007, 01:29 AM

So I'm not alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajaman View Post
...When I rebuilt my rear suspension last year I didn't have the FSM and just put everything together in the full droop position. I have a rattle somewhere back there when I go over bumps, and I am suspecting the improper installment as the culprit.
Bajaman,

It does say in section 32-610 Pg.3 that "if assembly instruction (at level specified for loaded vehicle) is not complied with, distortion of the bearing and thereby of spring strut piston rod involves the risk of rattling noises and early wear both of the bearing as well as of the spring strut itself." I'm assuming this is the situation with your wagon and what i am trying to avoid in my situation. Unfortunately no one seems to know the answer. I even called the best Mercedes mechanic I know out in Glenwood Springs, CO today and he didn't know about this either!! Who to go to next??? Anyone know the best of the best. I know someone out there has the answer.

peace,
woody

p.s. make sure you check your swaybars in the back. They can often be the cause of rattling in the rear end.

Last edited by groovinola; 05-26-2007 at 02:05 AM.