View Single Post
Old 05-27-2007, 11:25 AM
AHH,What's up Doc????

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawoSD View Post
??? Not necessary, most of that stuff is snake oil. I think I saw somewhere that the lucas products allow the oil to foam up, starving bearings of their oil and shortening engine life. Just use good quality oil, synthetic is best, and change it regularly, and the engine will last a loooong time.

What do you mean "added 150 RPM" you can't add rpm's with an additive, generally you just press the throttle more to do that.
i mean that as an engineer for the Chrysler Corporation, putting in an additive that lets your engine idle speed up while doing nothing else means that the additive is NOT snake oil! It really is working by reducing the amount of friction in your motor. I know there are a lot of snake oils out there, but some will actually do what is promised! Lucas Girling is one of the best and their"Keep that engine alive" shear reducer works when added to oil. upper cylinder lubricant when added to your fuel will burn in your combustion chamber and I added 150RPM just after one tankful! Blowby was also reduced because the rings are sliding up and down on the cylinder walls easier! My engine temps also dropped about 6* centigrade making just this one change proving this works. While synthetic oils work great, they also tend to let high mileage engines leak more unless you replace all your gaskets, something most of us won't do until our motors need to be torn down and rebuilt.