View Single Post
Old 12-22-2001, 11:09 PM
ERASE

I'm hoping for a resolution- still, 5 months later

MY problem is finding a car with 25k miles in perfect condition. I'm looking all the time.

Unless I want a less popular color than Black pearl, black interior. It is hard to find a low mileage example.

Also I need to have a Starmarked car as I can not have any unexpected repairs. There seem to be very few E500's with low milage for sale at Mercedes Dealers. I could still starmark a car if I found one soon.

I also have always financed through MBCC and I would not be able to get the same degree of financing from another company. I have a perfect record with MBCC- . So I am left with trying to find it through a dealer.

I bought the car for a few reasons. My family has a history of being caretakers for these cars- My mother used to race the 300sl gullwing with her brothers 300sl roadster and my father met my mother when he came to buy the car. He had 2 Gullwings himself. All are gone now...

As many of you feel - this is the best Stock Benz ever made- The design is so intuitive and correct- the handling, the balance of performance vs comfort. There is no time you spend in the car that is unpleasant- At night the lights shine bright with no hot spots, in traffic the stereo and auto transmission are comforting, around town on bumpy roads you ride in luxury. On a sunny day with the sunroof open you can go 70+ without everything blowing about in the car.

In a hurry the car has it in spades- and even the auto transmission can be shifted extremely quickly. If you have to carry 4 people- no one- not even 6 foot 3 adults are cramped. The climate control and switches are just right. I even prefer the one wiper which forces me to slow down to under 80 in the rain- built in safety .

I never want to drive another car after owning one of these.

I planned to put only 10K on the car and keep it as an investment- borrowing against if needed as opposing to sell it - I think these will appreciate somewhat. I'll tell you- its hard not to drive these every single day!

As I said before - this car saved my life. I just can't buy a different car after that.

Keep the suggestions coming- I really appreciate the help! Merry X-mas to everyone.