View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 09:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvisorGuy View Post
I flushed my system twice to get rid of the green coolant, replaced it with the Benz stuff and replaced the thermostat. This was idling in Drive in my driveway with the ambient temp in the low 90's after a drive.

My electric fan is wired direct so I can turn it on any time. The previous owner is paranoid about electric fans because he had a temp switch fail on another car and was left stranded so he wires the electric fans on all his cars direct to a toggle switch. The temp seems to stay the same even with the electric fan running. My fan clutch seems to be moving a fair amount of air but I have a feeling it may be on it's way out. After I shut the car down, I turned the fan blade by hand. It has a little resistance, maybe making one full turn after I release it. Any opinions or am I in the "green" zone with this ?
The SD would crawl up closer to 100°C. in the driveway after a good highway run........especially at 93°F. ambient.

I'm hardly worried about it.

You could worry yourself to death........and the engine isn't going to care.........