View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Man of the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by WM20650 View Post
Hello, I'm in the research phase of doing an engine swap on my 1980 240D and I'm looking for a running engine to replace the dead one currently occupying the space under the hood. The car I have is an automatic. If the compression is good and the engine runs, I'm interested, and a working AC compressor is a definite plus, but not crucial. I'd prefer to find an engine anywhere in the SF Bay Area, however I can travel elsewhere in CA if the price is good. I'm willing to do the engine removal if necessary, and if I'd be able to hear it run and/or check the compression, that would be great.

Please note that I'm still in the research phase of this project and am mostly putting out my feelers to see what's out there and for how much.

Thanks!
I have one from an '82, the PO claimed it ran great until the trans quit, I bought the whole car, which I'm restoring and have pulled the engine, as I will be putting a 617 back in it's place. Now, what I know so far, the odo is not working so I don't know exact mileage, he said its been broke a while. I did get the engine to start and run, the car had sat for 2 yrs so it was a task to get it to fire, but it ran decent once warmed up. (The trans was in fact totally dead as he had said) Afterward the next couple times it started easier but still not right, however from sitting the filters and tank were full of heavy black crud, which I think is it's real problem, I still have yet to put it up on a stand and go thru it, and if youre not in a rush for it maybe we can work something out. I plan to construct an engine testing frame soon anyway.
I have a few spare IP's and injectors from my old blown engine from the '80 to play with on it as well in case they got bugered by the crud. I'm near Redding.
82 240D -for sale