View Single Post
Old 12-25-2001, 12:15 AM
CheFrac is Back!
Well I went by the dealer today to have them plug into the STAR DIAGNOSIS machine. Well I got lucky... I asked my service advisor (young, real nice guy) if he could just hook it up real quick and pull the codes. Well they rolled the machine out, and plugged it into the CAN/BUS under the hood (I did not know that the OBDII info could be retrieved via this port! I learned that the OBDII connector under the hood was simply the 'generic connector' to meet the basic laws of OBD).

Well, I was hoping to get some sort of pattern, but didn't get anything that really helped....

Got codes:

So I'm assuming that these are cylinder 0 (?), 2, 3 misfires. Anyways, I decided to go in and buy the coil ends, as suggested. So I purchased 3 coil cable plug ends ($11.76 x 3), and I bought 6 spark plugs ($2.69 a peice). My spark plugs were changed about 35k miles ago (my service advisor told me that they're supposed to be replaced @ 15k intervals.... I thought I remember the intervals being 30k... I'll have to double check.) Well I was past due, in any event.
While there, I also bought a new wiper blade because the BOSCH blades sold at auto part stores do not fit properly (even though they are the right length and suppsoed to fit my C280). Well that blade mechanism was $36.40! Jeeez! I also bought some of the MB Grease (he gave me bearing grease?)... I'm going to lube my wiper mechanism.

I am going to have my independent mechanic replace the coil ends and spark plugs on Wednesday. This is a pretty basic service, correct? Just spark plug replacement and a few added minutes to replace the coil ends... correct?

(I really hope that this is the end to my LONG and PROGRESSIVE ACCELERATION RESISTANCE!

Thanks guys.
2006 E350 w/ 155k miles (Daily Driver)

1993 300E 3.2L Sedan w/ close to about 300k miles
2003 E500 Brilliant Silver (Had 217k miles when totalled!)
1989 300E with 289,000 miles (had for <1 yr while in HI)
03 CLK 500 cabrio (Mom's)
2006 C230k (Dad's)
1999 S420 (Mom's/Dad's)
2000 C230k Sport sedans
2001 CLK320 Cabrio (Mom's)
1995 C280 My First Mercedes-Benz... (155k miles. EXCEPTIONAL AUTOMOBILE. Was Very hard to let go of!)