View Single Post
Old 12-26-2001, 02:43 AM

My seond love next to cars...Rock n' Roll!!

Ahh yes, turntables. I think I own damn near every LP and single ever recorded by The Who, and what better to play them on? I've got an old Bang & Olufsen Beogram turntable, McIntosh C40 preamp, McIntosh MR7083 tuner, McIntosh MC7300 amp, Nakamichi MB4s Music Bank CD stacker, Technics digital EQ, old Altec Lansing Voice of the Theaters in the front and Cerwin-Vega VS150s in the rear. Oh, and for casettes, an old Marantz 3 head deck. The TV is a JVC 32" D-Series screen and DVD player is by Panasonic. Santa brought a Play Station 2. What fun it has been!

Music is my other passion, aside from vintage cars. I spent many years piecing together a sound system that I would be happy with. I think some of the best advice my father gave me was "Buy good equipment, because it's something you'll have for 30 years."

Anyone remember DCCs? I almost got suckered into buying a (then new) Marantz DCC deck, being told that they would be all the rage. Well, luckily I decided against that and boy am I happy!

We've got a great stereo store in Cleveland by the name of Audio Craft. It's an audiophile's dream, equipment by Adcom, Klipsch, McIntosh, Nakamichi, Pioneer ELITE, Yamaha, B&O. All of them. If anyone is ever in the Cleveland area, give me a hollar, we'll go in with The Who's "Quadrophenia" and test out some $27,000 speakers!

P.S.--I do also own Black Sabbath's "Master of Reality" as well as "Paraniod" and I can attest that they both sound WAY better on vinyl! Of course, so does The Dead, King Crimson, The Beatles, Traffic, Jefferson Airplane.....you get the picture!