View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 02:34 PM
1981 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckinik View Post
They haul completed vehicles. I just bring parts into, and out of suppliers. Many of the parts are manufactured by a lot of different U.S. companies. The HVAC systems, for example, are manufactured by a company called "Denso" which is in Battle Creek, Michigan. They make the complete systems for a lot of auto manufacturers. When I go in there, there are trucks picking up, or dropping empty containers off for everyone. Chrysler, Toyota, Ford, G.M., Mercedes, and a host of others. Glass, is made by a company called "Guardian". They also produce it for everyone, and have various locations throughout the U.S. I pick up everything from body panels, to exhaust brackets, to harnesses, fasteners, glass, and hvac systems.

I have an account with a contractor called CEVA, which is intertwined with BMW. A few of my trucks, and me, haul trailers full of empty shipping containers, out to the various manufacturers, of the parts, and pick up loaded shipping containers, back to the plant.
I run from Greer, S.C. to points in Michigan, Indiana, and Tennesee, to swap out empty containers, for full ones, and back to Greer,S.C. BMW plant.

I see B.M.T. trucks at the plant, going in and out all day. They are a very busy company. I also see Wagoner's, going in and out. Aparently, they have a huge account with BMW also.

Sounds like a sweet job. How much does a trucker get paid usually? I've always wanted to do it..

1991 Mercedes-Benz 560SEL | Megasquirt MS3-Pro | 722.6 transmission w/ AMG paddles | Feind Motorsports Sway Bar | Stinger VIP Radar | AntiLaser Priority | PLX Wideband O2 | 150A Alternator | Cat Delete
1981 Mercedes-Benz 300SD | Blown engine, rebuilding someday...
1981 Mercedes-Benz 300SD | Rear ended, retired in garage.
2009 Yamaha AR230HO | Das Boot

Excessive speeding? It ain't excessive till I redline!