View Single Post
Old 06-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Who's flying this thing ?

V12 or turbo/twin turbo into 560SEC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckinik View Post
Ah, Noted, and very enlightening. I'd love to put a V12 in mine instead, but where the heck would I even find one...? Not the money, but the engineering involved in it, sounds like a lot more work than I have time to do. Unless I brought my car to him, and kept throwing money at him, to do the same to mine, as he did to his own V12 car. My car would take 15 more years to get done, because I only have like ten minutes a month to actually work on the thing..
Interesting conundrum.....Jonothan knows more than me, as he is seriously into the W126ers, and I hope he can prove the doubters and naysayers wrong with his twin turbo set up.

But I have heard many times, that in general, a turbo set up on the 560 engine is setting it for great stresses on the transmission, engine, and motor itself.

I have heard no such thing with the W140 engine, that is, the 600 V12.
Satish has proved it can be done and it works.

They are not impossible to find. In the USA, be sure to try and get a 1992 example, though, they have 408 hp. They show up in wrecking yards from time to time, you ought to be able to find one. Satish's section in www.mbcoupes.com "My 32 valve conversion" section tells in detail how the junkyard motor was removed, and installed in the SEC.

Due to emissions controls, the later ones, starting in 1993, were 389 hp.

Of course, the later 600 V12 engines,
around 2005, have 493 hp I believe, but don't know for sure how compatible they would be. Probably would be hard to find one in the wrecking yards though unless you got lucky.

(Don't despair, it could work. I don't know why some people keep trashing you, a constipated lawyer called JD I am thinking of, never mind him)

Still worth taking a look at the alternatives....

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)

Last edited by Jim B.; 06-07-2007 at 03:32 PM.