View Single Post
Old 06-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Chief Enforcement Agent

Thumbs up Well . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBlovr View Post
You'll hate driving the Mercury after driving the Mercedes
I test-drove two of them today, and am very impressed. The standard suspension was a little floaty, but not much, with total composure over the nasty roads I tested it on, and with good pickup to merge on the Interstate. Nice touches like traction control, pedal adjustment, and power seats with the switches shaped like the seat itself (a design stolen, er, borrowed, from MB in the '80s). A little highway noise intruded, not from the wheels or engine but from cars passing; the glass was not as insulated as I'd hoped.

The performance model (not a green color at all, but a metallic gray) was another class entirely. It reminded me of my late 420SEL in color, in controlled drive, in power. Very nice car. Both felt like new cars.

To a degree, you're right; I got back into mine and was impressed at how composed it was, too (especially since its transmission is behaving itself perfectly right now)!
Formerly:
'97 C230, smoke silver/parchment; '86 420SEL, anthracite/light grey; '84 280CE (W123), dark blue/palomino