View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Senor User

Williamsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
I take my girls on a date every weekend I am home and we go to the local zoo, art museum, natural history museum, parks, ect.....while the rednecks all seem to fight to pile into Chuckie Cheese's or a putt putt golf place, ect....

My place in VA is smack in the middle of Yorktown, Williamsburg and Jamestown. I never miss the 4th of July Parade in Yorktown and take whoever wants to go to Colonial Williamsburg about every other year. Off years we will take the boat to Stratford Hall, Jamestown, ect....I wish I could have made the 400th Anniv. of Jamestown this year--my folks were there and it sounded pretty cool.

Why not take advantage of it, I say.
I've been going down (or up when I lived in NC) to Williamsburg all my life. It is great. My kids all loved going there when they were growing up.

I often (not every weekend, though) took my daughters on "dates" to one museum or other when they were growing up. My son, too, when he was little. I didn't have much money back then. Sometimes we'd just ride the subway for fun. I'd read the paper and we'd talk about the sights (whenever we came up out of the tunnel) as we rode around town. They used to have shows at the Kennedy center for children back than that were free. It costs a lot to live here, but you can entertain yourself for relatively little money if you put your mind to it.

OBK #55

1998 Lincoln Continental - Sold
Max 1984 300TD 285,000 miles - Sold
The Dee8gonator 1987 560SEC 196,000 miles - Sold
Orgasmatron - 2006 CLS500 90,000 miles
2002 C320 Wagon 122,000 miles
2016 AMG GTS 12,000 miles