View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Strong, silent type

Quote:
Originally Posted by el presidente View Post
I enjoy F1. Been watching for about 8 years now....

BENZ-LGB, you must have been what Fox was hoping to catch as a new viewer of F1. Hence, the reason for moving the broadacast of 4 races to a net broader audience.

Looks like the fishnet worked! Welcome to the F1 craziness.

What you witnessed with the Canadian GP this year was extremely unusual. TWO driver's black flagged is almost unheard of....spectacular crashes....at most one or twice a season.

It's actually unusual for the Safety Car to come out in a race. They are not automatically dispached with a yellow flag, but only if the race stewards need to clear up a wreck or if another unsafe condition exists on track that is temporary. Like I said, 4 times (or even ONCE in a race is not the norm).....but that Safety Car sounds badass, no?

Make sure you catch practice (Friday) and Qualifying (Saturday) for the USGP this Sunday. The race will air again on Fox, but the rest will be on Speed Channel.

Welcome to the jungle.
Yep, seems like it worked. It was actually pretty exciting to watch.

The number of times (4) that the Safety Car came out seems to be high. The #2 guy at Benz, Alonso, was complaining that the high number of SC may have cost him a higher finish.

After I saw the crash with the Polish driver, Kubica, I thought he was dead or serioulsy injured. He wasn't moving at all after the crash. Turns out he is OK.

He is only 23 years old. My God!

1989 300TE "Alice"
1990 300CE "Sam Spade"
1991 300CE "Beowulf" RIP (06.1991 - 10.10.2007)
1998 E320 "Orson"
2002 C320 Wagon "Molly Fox"

Res non semper sunt quae esse videntur

My Gallery

Not in this weather!