View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 05:55 AM
dieselarchitect

I love this country

Just a note of cheerfulness.

A couple of weeks ago I sent a John Doe 1, a couple of front and rear windsheild gaskets for the 123 Mercedes as a part of my ongoing effort to create enough room in my garage to get my wife's car inside and there by get out of the doghouse.

The gaskets arrived in fine shape. The only trouble was that both he and I thought that they were right side door gaskets! I hadn't looked closely enough at them when I came across them in my perfectly organized garage and from memory had been sure they were door gaskets.

Duhhhhh!

Well I readvertised them here and John Doe 2, another member is buying them and John Doe 1 is shipping them to him instead of me out of the kindness of his heart.

So, If anybody happens to have ACTUAL door seals lying around you have a ready buyer in John Schreiner....who happens to be a genuiine good guy and a generous one at that.

Your slightly addlebrained friend,

Tom W

BTW these are neither the John Doe who posts under John Doe.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.

Last edited by t walgamuth; 06-12-2007 at 05:19 PM.