View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAVBMW View Post
You know, I'm not really sure about the downstream mounting. Never really considered it, as the evap outlet and compressor are fairly close together, and the evap housing/firewall offers a good mounting spot. I'll ask around and see if anyone has any thoughts. What sort of project is this on?

As for the no A/C thing... To each their own. I live in CA's central valley and summertime temps are regularly over 110f, though this year has been pleasantly slow to warm up, our first triple digits aren't expected until Thursday. I lived in Phoenix for a few years, and didn't use A/C there either. I also travel to the eastern US, and don't use A/C there either. Heat and humidity both have their ups and downs... but it's nothing you can't adapt to.

MV

Its a Frankenstein AC job in a small block chevy powered W108 280SE.
I'm fiberglassing up the evaporator box this evening and trying to come up with a layout for easy access to everything. The orifice tube is just on the engine bay side of the firewall, accumulator will mount behind the right headlight area. Both service ports will be located near the accumulator along with a sight glass on the liquid line.