View Single Post
Old 12-28-2001, 02:26 PM
Rising Member

Thanks lucky! The car appeared very nice, but I was suspicious of it since day one because it was not a Starmark car, and it was priced $3000 less than any other one that I had seen. A look at the spare tire revealed a scuffed up wheel with a bubble in the sidewall of the tire. The 2 rear tires were Goodyear, and Michelins up front. Accident (nothing came up on CarFax)? To top that off the salesman at Bloomfield Hills (Michigan) MB gave me bogus information when I had him pull up the Master Vehicle Service Log. I knew that it should have been recalled for airbags, but 2 recalls appeared and he told me that it was a steering pump seal when in fact the second recall was for some frame wax sealing (or something close). He also told me that the Airbag recall that I recognized the code for (and did not tell him) was for a seal in the Left Rear of the vehicle because there was a L/R in the code (probably for Left & Right Side Airbags). It just goes to show that all used car salesman are exactly that, even at the MB dealer.

1998 BMW 540i Sport
1995 E320
1992 400E
1989 BMW M3
1979 Triumph TR7 (1st car)
1986 BMW 735i (Sold)
1980 BMW 320i (Sold)