View Single Post
Old 12-29-2001, 07:09 AM
engatwork's Avatar
engatwork engatwork is online now
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Soperton, Ga. USA
Posts: 11,234
The battery can give off flammable, invisible gases while being charged. I'm not sure what a battery "maintainer" is but I suspect it is just a trickle charge device.

If I were in this situation I would have try to insure that the area is ventilated while the "maintainer" is hooked up and plugged in.

The only battery I "maintain" is the lawn mower battery and I put it on trickle charge about a couple times through the winter. BTW - the battery is not in the lawnmower during this time.
Reply With Quote