View Single Post
Old 06-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Moderating, Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Delor View Post
Pretty neat, being able to see 4 baby falcons. Haven't seen the parents yet, but I've only watched a few minutes so far, and just had to post the webcam link here.
http://www.cbc.ca/manitoba/features/falcon/index.html

Enjoy!
Cool you found that! There are peregrine cams in several Canadian cities, they are making a comeback and I've seen them in the skies downtown, it's pretty cool. When they are fledging, streamers are put on many of the glass office buildings to prevent them flying into it. They are so fast, even when fledging, that until they can control their speed, nearby office buildings are a big threat. They also stop traffic if the chicks land near roads. All in all, a pretty big effort for these birds. They are amazing fliers and when they make a kill, it's awesome!

Coolest pigeon control yet.
1998 E430 - sold
1989 300E - 333,000 Km - sold
1977 280E - sold
1971 250 - retired

"And a frign hat. They gave me a hat at the annual benefits meeting. I said. how does this benefit me. I dont have anything from the company.. So they gave me a hat." - TheDon