View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 05:50 PM

What could I have possibly screwed up: delivery valve o-rings

After posting yesterday that delivery valve o-ring replacement on the 190D is an easy no-brainer, simply time consuming, I find my '85 acting like it has a timing or fuel problem after having performed this simple repair.

Did the o-rings on the '84 a few weeks ago with no issues and the current problem with the '85 may be coincidental, but, although it no longer leaks fuel, it runs like sh-t. Was a sweet running little diesel before the o-ring fix Tuesday evening. Now it will stumble and quit when starting, will miss-fire up to 1500 rpm or so, has no power whatsoever. It has a clean tank screen, new filters and I haven't been near the timing.

Only thing I can think I might have done is not aligned one of the little springs up correctly, although I don't see how that would have been possible; stood each one up over the nub and lowered the valve body down over them, couldn't have been any simpler.

Probably no answer but to pull it apart this weekend and find what I did wrong. Would welcome any thoughts or suggestions.

Jim
2011 Subaru Legacy AWD (Wife's)