View Single Post
Old 12-31-2001, 12:19 AM

kweimer:

You asked about possible consequences from using starting fluid - I provided another one that can happen in addition to the ones listed by jabaj700 (after I responded to the WD-40 suggestion). Then I listed some things that can cause hard starting. I did not infer nor suggest that you used starter fluid as that was clear from your posting. You asked about possible consequences if starting fluid was used - from your statement I inferred that you had a need to know information from members of this forum (professionals, technicians, those with vast experience, and other qualifications to justify relying on their opinion) about the possible good consequences of using starting fluid or the bad consequences from using starting fluid. If the majority of opinions suggested that using starting fluid was a good thing to do, then you would use starting fluid. On the other hand, if the majority of opinions suggested that using starting fluid was a bad thing to do (as it is), then you would not do it. I simply provided another bad consequence if starting fluid was used - nothing more.

Best regards,
Tom

1977 300D: 300,000+ miles

American Honda: Factory Trained Technician & Honor Grad.
Formerly:
Shop Foreman;
Technical Advisor to Am. Honda;
Supervisor of Maintenance largest tree care co. in US for offices in Tex.