View Single Post
Old 12-31-2001, 04:02 AM
I don't get why MBZ is getting the bad rep here. Renntech is an independent tuner and thus solely responsible for the failure of their own tuned and thus screwed up car. They are , to my knowledge in no way sponsored, assiciated with or endorsed by Daimler-Chrysler and this is in no way a MBZ failure.
If MBZ had sent a car, they most assuredly would have sent the very same AMG CLK 55 that kicks the competition's asses at the DTM in Germany and it would have been a completely different picture, I am sure of that.
For some reason MBZ is not really paying the same attention to racing events in the US as they do in Europe or specifically Germany, where something like the described event would have been close to impossible with MBZ being involved.
And sure the CLR backflipped and failed Le Mans, but the GTR sure has everybody else looking at its rear end only. The three cars sent to enter races do after all finish first through third pretty much wherever they appear and make the entire competition look rather incompetent.
Personally I can only laugh at Renntech for screwing up their reputation even further. I guess the next best thing after AMG would be Brabus or Lorinser for an intependently tuned Benz and even those I personally dont trust too much. They are after all not sending any cars to compete with the AMG's and other german makes in the DTM races.
Just my thoughts.
81 300 SD grey/palomino 168K miles
84 190E 2.3 black/grey 64K miles (wrecked)
85 190E 2.3 maroon/palomino 92K miles
88 300E desert red/palomino 204k miles
(made to look like a '94-95)
92 400E desert taupe/creme beige 120K miles
(converted to 94-95 E420 looks)