View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 03:30 PM
Disciple

I had never heard of love bugs until I went down to Mississippi last year. Wow, they were all over. Made a mess on the car. At a local gas station, I asked a local what they did and he told me a great secret they used on their vehicles BEFORE the bugs hit so they came off easy. I don't remember what it was but I'll ask the folks I traveled with to see if they remember.

On another note, fireflies make a great display on the windshield if you hit them when they are lit up. It's like Predator blood oozing up your windshield in the wind. Pretty cool if ya gotta hit a bug.

Here is my post on it -- http://aslowerpace.com/serendipity/index.php?/archives/766-Predator-green......html

I forgot to blog about something that happened Wednesday night on the drive home from the airport. It was very late and we were the only ones on the back country road headed home. Along the sides of the road in the meadows, the kids were spotting fireflies. Suddenly, one of them lights up in the middle of the road right in front of us and then -- sPLAT -- right in the middle of the windshield. The luminescient green "Predator" juice oozed up the windshield in the wind. As with other things in life, my son and I said "COOL!!!!" while all the girls went "Eeeeeeeeuuuuuwwwwww!!!". And then we hit another one on the passenger side. Again, it was really cool. They fade after a minute or two but during that time it's a cool show.

But it only does that when they are lit up when you hit them. Otherwise, they are just another bug splat on your vehicle.

.....Dan at aslowerpace dot com
92 ZR-1
04 Tahoe 4x4
05 Scag 52" zero turn
97 e300 - totaled on black ice
84 300SD - gave to a friend
85 300TDT Euro - SOLD to my little bro