View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 07:59 PM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

79 300 TD... IINOTIA...SLS hose squirting...

finally get a handle on one thing, and now oil is squirting up from under the hood...
start the car to figure out where it's coming from... sls hose between pump and whatever it goes to... (the sky just started opening up, so that limits my diagnostic abilities...) is squirting fluid. I guess I have overloaded it one too many times... ya ought to see what I have in there... 2ton Heatpump condenser, and air handler, vacuum pump, tool boxes, oxyacet torch kit, reclamer.... ya know regular stuff... anyway, the fluid is pitch black, but not as dark as engine oil, so I suppose I should have flushed it a while ago... live and learn. anyway,
has anybody changed the hoses from the pump to wherever they go before? is it as hard a job as I hear the oil cooler lines are to change?
can you send me links on the best places to get the MB fluid and the Febi equivalent?
I figure this is going to cost me a full change of fluid, all new hoses and belts (cause they are now totally soaked in this fluid, and I doubt they will ever be the same) and the replacement of the ss pump hoses... I suppose I should go through the entire system, and replace all of their hoses. oh phill/roy, gimme some prices...

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!