View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 05:09 PM

Ok, I have tried to put some compressed air to the turbo inlet, so that I can put soapy water around all the posible joints/surfaces that may leak.. soapy water is useless, has any one else got a better idea?

There seems to be air bubbles comming from the intake manifold to head surface... I bolted this manifold on once, had to remove it, and then bolted on again using the same intake/exhaust manifold gasket. never ran the car, but, is that why there is a leak there? (do I need another intake/exhaust manifold gasket?)

also, can one get the turbo off with out taking the exhaust manofold off as well? I struggle to find enthusiasm to wrestle the whole thing off again, except that seemed to be the only way when I took it off the first time..

oh well, I gotta learn how this all works some time, why not now.. Conn Clark, I agree, that the turbo-to-intake manifold seems to be a likely spot for a leak. I only replaced one of the O-rings, as the "turbo mounting kit" from Elring only had one.. guess that was stupid of me.

84 300TDT daily driver