View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 07:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spugeddy View Post
I removed my banjo bolt from the intake, and it was nasty. I totally cleaned it out, it and wiped down the vacuum tube, but didn't take the tube off and flush it???? Should I do that.

Also, there was only one washer on it. I read there is supposed to be two. Is that a problem.

Also When I put the bolt back on, I hand tightened it. I noticed there are three openings on the side of the bolt... does it matter how the holes line up when the bolt is tightened.

I didn't really notice any difference in my boost... maybe a little, but it was 90% clogged before I cleaned it and I was expecting a little better performance. I am going to adjust the ALDA next I guess.

Any advice?

You cannot remove the tube from the banjo bolt. They are one assembly. But, you can clean the tube with some Brakekleen until all the soot is removed. Or, you can purchase a new tube and bolt for a reasonable price and be done with it. The 24 year old tube is prone to fracture anyway.

Yes, it's a problem. One washer goes between the banjo bolt and the manifold and one washer goes between the head of the screw and the banjo bolt. When tightened, you have no leaks.

It does not matter on the orientation of the holes.

Did you put a boost gauge on it........or is this your ass talking?