View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Marine Engineer (retired)

Arrow In my opinion.....

I think that some of the problem with that particular truck and trailer rental company lies with the individual franchise holder......when I returned here to WV, I used one of their largest trucks and a vehicle trailer to pull my F-150 (fully loaded with cargo, of course)......Ed, the owner of the Hardware Store/Rental Agency allowed me to choose which vehicle that I wanted to use before he typed up the contract....he also steered me away from a couple of vehicles that were in lousy repair, in his opinion, and unsuitable for interstate travel....

Also of note: If you want to rent a trailer to bring home your latest prized MB find....."U Haul" will not rent a trailer to pull a W123 behind an F-150....because they claim that the car is heavier than the tow vehicle......my F-150 has a factory trailering package.....and has towed many a boat to the launch.....when I tried to do this rental, I told the rental agent..."no problem, I'll just put a couple of scoops of sand in the bed"....he said no....but he did tell me that I could come back later and tell him that I wanted to pull a different "lighter" model of car.....this I did not do.....try going to the U-Haul website and type in the vehicles in my sig.....it keeps coming up that you need to rent a truck from them......

SB

Diesels:
'85 300D, "Max, Blue Benz", 155K, 27.0 MPG
'84 190D 2.2, "Eva, Brown Benz", 142K, 40.2 MPG
'77 240D (parts car)
'67 Eicher ES 202 Tractor "Otto" (2cyl, Air Cooled, 30HP)
Gassers:
'94 Ford F-150, "Henry", 170K (300 Six) 17.5 MPG
'85 190E 2.3, 148K....Parts Car
'58 Dodge W300M Powerwagon (Flat Fenders) Less than 10 MPG

Last edited by Shorebilly; 06-26-2007 at 07:30 AM. Reason: spelling