View Single Post
Old 06-27-2007, 11:06 PM

Part that connects to the valve cover breather hose...

What is the hose that wedges into the valve cover breather hose and continues to the air filter housing called??? I snapped mine like a brittle twig after trying to reattach it. Let me back up:

After a LONG day of driving, I turned the key off and pulled it out, and the car kept running. No sweat, I figured the vac line just came undone. Popped the hood, the car shut off (by itself), and noticed that the hose in question and the valve cover breather hose had flown off and were over by the inline fuel filter!!! WTF??? Also, the nut that holds the air filter cover was nowhere to be found.

So I reattached the valve cover breather hose (with its continuing hose) back to the valve cover and air filter housing but when I went to put on a new nut, and sort of pushed the hose out of the way, it snapped like a twig. I duck taped it for now.

But upon looking for a replacement part, all I could find was the valve cover breather hose. So what's the other part called? It's also a hose but more hard plastic, and attaches to the air filter housing.

Thanks!
AUSTIN, TEXAS