View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 02:12 AM
Who's flying this thing ?

I have heard that Virginia and Ohio historically have been the two worst states for punitive, and revenue generating, traffic enforcement and speed traps.

It seems like highway robbery under cover of "law" enforcment.

Virginia additionally, I believe, is the only state in the USA which flat outlaws
radar detectors in automobiles.

That kind of thing fosters contempt and hatred of law and law enforcement.
The above scenario is scandalous, appearing at least on its face motivated solely by a greedy politician's move to craft a law to allow him literally and legally to steal money from motorists and put it in his own pocket.

It is worse than mere conflict of interest; it is for all intents and purposes brazen theft under cover of law, and the perpetrator should be removed from office, and criminally prosecuted, if it were possible under existing laws, either state or federal.

The Virginians ought to mount a recall campaign against this Republican politician, and either a referendum started to repeal the law, or get it repealed in their state legislature.

This is far, far worse than most taxes because it clearly was conceived to with the idea take money from citizens and put it right into the pocket of the lawmaker who proposed it.

It brings to mind the Boston Tea party, in fact.....

1995 E 420, 170k "The Red Plum" (sold)

2015 BMW 535i xdrive awd Stage 1 DINAN, 6k, <----364 hp

1967 Mercury Cougar, 49k

2013 Jaguar XF, 20k <----340 hp Supercharged, All Wheel Drive (sold)

Last edited by Jim B.; 06-28-2007 at 02:21 AM.