View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 02:13 PM
Banned

Omega, Yes I did GM and I did F. (I sold GM right before Kirk. did (lucky)) -- F is a great money maker right now -- BUT you have to watch it VERY VERY closely it reacts from the smallest news because it is such a precarious situation -- I don't like the fact that they are changing their tune on Volve. They promised not to dump the two big money makers, Volvo and Mazda -- and now they are "considering" it -- that tells me they still need cash.

They still swear they won't dump Mazda. The big problem for them is that ALL of major hope to fund the turn-around is from the cash that Mazda makes. If Mazda hits a wall it'll be very hard. Iacocca, I don't think could save them at that point.

If you have the time to watch F go up and down and jump in when low and out when high you can play it for the next year, I'll bet. Remember when the economy turns to crap people will need the cheapest they can get, and that's F and GM (cars) -- if not used cars.

Look heavy at SSW -- right now that is the hottest segment -- just google SSW and that will tell you what you need to know (Seaspan).

Again, think toward a tanked economy -- imported cheap non-durable (and somewhat durable) goods... IMPORTED -- need containers and ships... you do the thinking from there.

The return on the dividend is out of sight and the growth is even better -- I'm thinking $40 in the next 12 months (or more... PLUS the div.

Just remember one thing, right now the market is very inflated for the very large part -- so pick carefully I have some funds too that do well, but you can just google "top performing mutual funds" and go from there.

Good Luck!