View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 03:04 PM

CDI vs. Gas e350 Help Me

Last year I was all set to lease 2006 CDI from the dealer. I own a business so accountant said lease the car for write off. I negotiated a decent lease last July- lots of incentives etc. While in process, salesman made the mistake of telling me that an AWD diesel version would come out for 2007. I decided to wait for a diesel AWD and later found out that this was not true. By the time I found out, there were no new 2006 cdis left with the options and colors I wanted. Grrrrr! I looked at the bluetec- car felt totally different and more plasticy. For months I have looked at the used 2006 CDIs but do not see the one I want. So now folks I am looking to take over a lease from a guy who put $7500 down on a reg. 2007 gas e350 Prem. 1 and Sport pkgs. Guy has lots of money-5 cars and feels he is too tall for the e350 so wihout down payment he will let me take it over for 16 months.- less than 5k miles. I think that if I do this deal- when the 16 months is up, I will next purchase a CDI. That CDI from 2006 with the panoramic sunroof still haunts me. Temp situation. What do you guys think of these cars. Help.