View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Rogue T Intolerant!!!

Pics from 6-30-07 Central Texas GTG

Nobody from other areas of the country ever looks at the GTG stickies, so here is a few pics from the GTG today.
The weather started out great for near-July in Texas. One thing about a month of rain is that it keeps the temps low. OK, humidity might be "up there", but you can't ask for everything......
OK, first the Dallas group met around 10:00 at Carl Jr's. We went inside and hung out until about 10:35, then it was time to head south.
Here were all these high powered MB's having to follow a slow little kitchen vegetable for most of the way. Sorry......

We the met up with the other groups [Houston, Austin, others...] at "The barbecue place". Don't remember the name, although this is the second year to meet there. {meat there? Ha...}

No pics from there.

Then it was off to Fort Boggy State Park, which is accurate based on our weather of the last month.
There were 2 prominent W116's. Armando's Mafia Mobile, and Al's Big Dog [6.9]

There were quite a few W123's, although no wagons and only one little vegetable colored 240.

The W124 was very well represented, and very close to the dominant car. A couple of coupes also. And we had a beautiful Crimson colored W124 sedan and coupe. I can't believe I didn't get a pic of them together. [you can see them in the top two pics, though]

The shade was a very handy place to hang out. That is where the smart folks stayed, and they let me stand under it also......
This is Rich and Tracy, Al and Armando.
I have no idea what Armando was doing......

Heck Don, I could have gotten you another triangle.....

Awards were given in the end. Drew, you were robbed.......

I really enjoy the GTG's. I got to yak with a good amount of folks today, and it was good.
Hopefully others will have pics to add.

Gone:
'95 E300 188K "Batmobile" Texas Unfriendly Black
'85 300TD 235K "The Wagon" Texas Friendly White
'80 240D 154K "China" Scar engine installed
'81 300TD 240K "Smash"
'80 240D 230K "The Squash"
'81 240D 293K"Scar" Rear ended harder than Elton John

Last edited by JimmyL; 06-30-2007 at 11:21 PM.