View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 04:59 PM

Sam,

Thanks for the reply on the HVAC system - I am going to track down any vacuum leaks (I have an old vaccum pump - and missing the little connectors).

Turbo - I am the proud owner of a new turbo, via ebay - I'll rebuild that. And install.

ALDA Banjo fitting - amazing how this forum works - Banjo was at least 80% clogged - shifts are smoother.

3/2 valves (on valve cover) - Probably need new levers.

Valves - Took that off and replaced the gasket, measured a few valves for clearenances - seem fine. I do need to make wrenches - Injectors are in the way. With 144k miles - amazing how clean the valve gallery is - I mean clean and no sludge.

ODO/Trip - Gears are slipping - No way around it. I did reset the trip a few times to see if that would clear up the issue.

Fuel Snder - Took it apart fully - a little sludge and hard gunk - Now I trust the fuel gage - verified it last nite - needle a little over 1/2 - 9.2 gallons.

BTW Diesel was $2.66 a gallon.

Glow plugs - going to be here Tuesday - This should clear up the hard starting when cold (a little).

Valve Stem Seals - Anybody have the ************** guide they can scan and send - Or How do you replace the seals with a minimun of work? I can make tools and seals are only about $30. I have a little blue smoke when starting up - so that usually implies valve stem seals or guides. And considering the miles - seals seem more likely - and cheaper to start with. At least get to a more confortable level

Thanks for any replies

Geoff in Oregon

thanks