View Single Post
Old 07-09-2007, 12:46 AM

I would avoid that 600 at all costs. Yes it may be very low miles, but that ALSO could be a minus instead of a plus, more so on a Mercedes. I have heard many times that very low mileage Mercedeses tend to give more trouble than regular used ones.

But the most important part to avoid the '92 600 is the model year. It is an extremely early prouduction model which will translate definitely into big headaches down the road.

If you do want a V-12, get a late production 98 or even a 99 if you can find one, no matter if it triples or more the miles on the 92. Many, many things were troublesome on early production W140s, most of them very expensive to repair.

Although, be advised that the A/C evaporator, soft-close door pump failure and other minor stuff were not fixed even on 1999 models. These issues still give trouble, the only difference is that newer models have not yet started to complain yet. The wiring harness problem was dealt with early 1996 on most models.

At best, I would pay regular market price for a '92 and leave whatever is left to cover for repairs.
E 320 T, 1995 [Sadly sold ]