Thanks for the comments and suggestions everyone! As it turns out, 5 more flywheel bolts were also bad - making 7 out of 12 bolts needing special procedures to remove them. I drilled them out, basically. I wrote a detailed reply in the Diesel Forum about how I did it - so go read that post for more details. I will say it was more effort than just drilling.
Larry: I know what you mean, I've been there and done that myself - it is a very bad movie, not the worst, but plenty bad enough!
America: Land of the Free!
1977 300D: 300,000+ miles
American Honda: Factory Trained Technician & Honor Grad.
Technical Advisor to Am. Honda;
Supervisor of Maintenance largest tree care co. in US for offices in Tex.
Last edited by tcane; 01-04-2002 at 08:30 PM.