View Single Post
Old 04-19-1999, 11:04 PM
Lee Scheeler

Haris,
Keeping paint looking great when left out in the open isn't impossible at all! It is just a bit more work than a "garage queen". Since the paint will be exposed to the worst nature has to offer "24/7" you will have to work hard to keep a good coat of wax on it. The abuse will be more focused on the horizontal surfaces (hood, rear decklid, roof, etc) Instead of a monthly waxing you might have to wax every other week. Also be sure to keep bird droppings and other contaminents off the surface. It is possible to have a "wow" looking car that lives outdoors, it is just harder to keep it looking nice after its washed and more maintenance in the long run. I've never been a huge fan of car covers. (except when freshly detailed) Dark colors fade more noticeably than lighter colors. I'm not sure which car care brands you use locally but buy the best and use it faithfully. I would recommend Meguiar's "Mirror Glaze" lineup. Its the stuff in the tan bottles that is designed more for the professional seeking professional results. The stuff in the redish bottle is more for the someone who wants a "quick and easy" product. Still good stuff, but not nearly the best. Hope this helps, if you have any other questions or problems feel free to ask. That is what we are here for.

Lee