View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 03:30 AM
And I only had one lesson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee8go View Post
Oh, gull wings! Woohoo! I like those.

That stereo equipment looks pretty ridiculous in there. Can't imagine what somebody could even use all that for. Where'd you get that picture John?
Yes, but don't forget, that back in that car's "Hay-Day", So to speak, it really took a lot to have a T.V., and a hot stereo in a car. The T.V, looks like it isn't even a color unit either. Perhaps just a B&W T.V. with a few extra speakers, tape deck, and perhaps a V.C.R. It would all have taken up a huge amount of dashboard space back then, and probably had one of those old "Boomerang" T.V. antennas on the trunk lid also. These days, it can all fit into a little box, and fit into the stock locations on the dash, and stereos+speakers are a lot better than they could have dreamed of back in those days also. All of that stuff, probably still couldn't even scratch the surface, and definately not compete with today's technology, and equiptment. That dash must have a million wires in it running in all directions. Prabably one hell of a "Rat's Nest" of wiring in there, operating a very unreliable system....My 2 cents.

Anyone have an idea of what that car could possibly have cost back then..? I'm curious, but it had to be very expensive, even by today's standards..