View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Moderating, Eh?

Hattie, car has service records. It was changed at the MB dealer, according to the FSS, so about every 17,000 Km or so. I don't know if they used synthetic or not. They would have used whatever was recommended at the time I would guess.

When I started it today, it was fine. No smoke at all - completely clear. It seems like it only smokes after the car has been sitting for at least two days without driving.

So I'm hoping it is minor at this point, either valve stem seals or perhaps minor sludge buildup. If the rings were sticking badly, I'd expect to see higher consumption and/or more smoke while driving?

Musikmann - lol, driving hard isn't a problem for me. She gets a good workout most of the time. I didn't buy this car with an upgraded suspension just for tooting around the neighbourhood! Thank you for the feedback though!
1998 E430 - sold
1989 300E - 333,000 Km - sold
1977 280E - sold
1971 250 - retired

"And a frign hat. They gave me a hat at the annual benefits meeting. I said. how does this benefit me. I dont have anything from the company.. So they gave me a hat." - TheDon