View Single Post
Old 07-19-2007, 06:29 PM
88560SL

It's All Relative!

First off, let me applaud each and every one of you for sharing all this info on such a Great Auto, 1988 560SL. That said, I'll be the first one to say this car and it's beloved bretherin are not without their pecadillos. It's age, engineering, and lets face it it's engine size does present a host of challenges. If the engine in the car was a Toyota 22RE four cylinder fuel injected engine life would cheap and grand. But lets face it we wouldn't have bought it. But for those who think ownership is rediculously expensive, just try being a General Aviation Pilot with a Beechcraft Bonanza B36TC. This would make owning a MB regardless of age or model like owning a skateboard. Everything in life is relative, gone are the days when you can blindly stagger into any purchase of any item without doing your home work. Just take any newly purchased PC and plug into the Internet without knowing anything and you will have a brand new piece of useless hardware on your hands. Fortunately for the vast majority with a PC and Internet access these Forums and a little wrench turning can be the difference between pain and pleasure. If you really want to have a good read and cry, just visit some General Aviation Forums and read about Pilots buying Airplanes without thorough knowledge and PPIs, because to fix a plane with problems you can and many have paid 1 or 2 times the purchase price to get it safely in the air. Thanks to my home work on this site and others like it,a thorough PPI, My Wife's Birthday present has been so far all pleasure! "The Devil Will Always Be In The Details."

Thank You All!