View Single Post
Old 07-22-2007, 10:52 AM

So, I take it that everyone agrees that something is wrong, this is not normal. OK, good, I should reply to the suggestions:

Parrot of Doom - I don't know how that could happen. I ordered the parts based on make, model, vin, etc. They seem to fit properly (slide in and out of the caliper) and seem to cover the rotor properly. When I installed them, they appeared to be exactly the same as the original pads. Is there a way to verify the size is correct, or maybe I should just order a different set and try them out?

t walgamuth - Yes, there's more rust on the outside edge, but if I had a really good picture we would see that the whole surface is rusty (but more on the outer edge). The really interesting parts is the surface where the pad mates. It looks like the machined surface from the turning hasn't been worn off yet, implying that the pads aren't pinching the rotor.

Ferdman - That's what I thought. They aren't very expensive, so I bought a set of four Brembo's (OEM I think). Unfortunately, it ended up doing the same thing, so I haven't done any more rotor replacing since. On pad brand, wow, there's a lot of comments out there. The OEM Textar brand seems to have a reputation for dusting, so I went with Wagner, then EPG's. All had pretty much the same result, so I didn't think this was a pad quality issue.

I already replaced the calipers and had the same result. The original calipers were really bad, so I was sure that would fix it. Maybe bleeding them again would do something.

Pictures are the rotors before the latest turning - outside view, inside view
Attached Thumbnails
Are these rear brakes doing anything?-img_1619a.jpg   Are these rear brakes doing anything?-img_1621a.jpg  
2009 Honda Civic