View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 12:15 AM

Talking Now runs like a new one

Well,I finally got it fixed.Main problem was return line from fuel distributor was plugged at the distributor.Removed FD and disassembled and cleaned.Also replaced all injectors and seals.Also whoever replaced the FD before never put the o ring on.Real bad air leak.Replaced the starter because the cold start valve gets it's reduced voltage from it.Everything works now.Tomorrow she gets a new dash cover and a real good cleaning and polish.Will Post pictures when I get done.Thanks...Oh Yeah,dealing with a grey market car is kind of fun. Mine is a 1980 380SL.It incorporates parts and things from the 1980 450 SL and the 1981 380 SL.Just have to visually check what parts look like before you order them.Total repair for everything(no labor)(did it all myself)was just under 750.00.Replaced fuel pump,fuel filter,accumulator,Removed fuel tank and cleaned and flushed it,replaced tank strainer and all hoses,8 fuel injectors,injector seals and insulators,cold start valve,thermo time switch,starter,and new battery.Bought most of my parts from autohauzAZ,Oh yeah ,got the dash cover from performance Products.That was an extra $120.00.It took a total of three weeks to get all the parts and fix everything,but I'm not complaining.. Thanks again for listening...