View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Diesel Head

It's been a while since I checked this so I will answer the last few questions.
Arminski, I purchased 1 sheet of insulator 5 ft long (it comes either 3 or 4 wide) can't remember.
Probear, As far as the wind noise around the pillar goes, I had some and tracked it down to the A pillar. Removed the trim on the inside between the door and windshield and filled the hollow openings with expandable foam....huge difference....very quiet now. You could probably do the same to the mid door pillar as well as it is hollow also. As long as you don't have a water leak all should be fine for years to come.
Yes my seats make some noise also....goes with the territory of old hard leather, it is well within a tolerable level and the radio makes it non existant.
Whiskeydan, Ypu are right...exhaust vibrations are brutal at highway speeds. I had sprayed the entire exhaust with a very thick coat of the "firewall" product from 2nd skin. This has drastically reduced all exhaust noise and vibration. I don't know how long it will stay adhered but so far all has worked out great and it's been a few thousand miles.