View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 09:47 PM
MBZ 1993 turbo diesel

W124 tachometer wires diagram MB 300E 1989

Hello. It looks like you found what I am looking for: where are the wires that goes to the tachometer in the instrumetns panel? I am looking them below the engine hood but couldnīt find them so far.

My car is a MB 300E of 1989, a W124 chassis.

There are two wires coming out from the tachometer at the instruments cluster, one is red/black and the other is green/yellow. They go together into a plastic tube isolation to the firewall, but I cannot find them at the other side of it.

Can you give me an idea of how they look like, where they are, etc?

I need to find them.

Thank you in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locry View Post
SOLVED!!!

I finally found a way to bypass all the electronics thingabobs to get the tach working DIRECTLY from the RPM sensor at the flywheel to the TACHOMETER.

Locate the connector from the RPM sensor, it should have to wires, WHITE and BROWN...

Next, locate and remove the ELR DIEZEL 6CYL box, same size as the KLIMA... use the #3 and #5 female connectors(holes), it should be the GREENw/WHITEstripe and the BLACKw/REDstripe wires. i inserted the 2 pin male connector from the RPM sensor to the those two holes, should line up ok, just bend the 3rd safety plastic prong of the 2 pin connector. I oriented the connector so that the WHITE wire from the 2 PIN connector alligns with the BLACKw/REDstripe of the ELR connector. Voila! working tach!

I know this effectively disables the compressor safety feature but mine doesn't work anyway... as is the ELR, disconnecting both the KLIMA and the ELR didn't change anything... it seems the PO bypassed the idle circuit and the A/C circuits making the car a MECHANICAL non computer controlled diesel, its a NON-TURBO anyway...

IT may be safer and easier to just replace the KLIMA and the ELR, it's just not an option for me at the moment... funds and availability issues.