View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 11:49 AM

depetryk, i can relate to the hose coming to the expansion valve. i think the biggest german on the planet put mine on, and i couldnt get it off under the dash. because i had previously put on a new expansion valve, and was now going to replace the evaporator, i ended up having to get my dremel tool and a cut off wheel and cut the copper tubing behind where the evaporator fitting and hose join. then i had to disconnect the hose from the fuel cooler part under the hood, and pull the hose thru the firewall to get it out.

And then it wasnt easy to break that joint with 2 long wrenches and on the shop bench. i decided i could have never gotten it out under the dash---maybe someone with more strength, but no telling what else they would have broken under there.

its a bear to work under there, and several times i was tempted to remove the steering column, and would have if i hadnt replaced the steering coupler about a week earlier. just didnt want to do that again, but there would have been more room......

good luck with it---i am going to look over my system again this afternoon for any signs of oil or dye ans see whats going on with it. maybe i will get lucky--who knows??