View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2aa View Post
I was also told by an indy earlier that if my tranny pan has 13mm bolts, it's vacuum controlled and if it has torx screws on it , it's electronic. My thoughts are if the CE light came on, it's electronic. Usually, vacuum leaks via modulator do not keep the transmission on 2nd gear, they just shift harder or harsher, (what ever the right term is)but still goes to all the gears. I'm assuming that it is electronic. I'm going to attach an OBDII reader on it tonight. I think that driving the car with a very deflated tire (almost flat-rear) could have activated the CE light to come on and disabled the TCM thus shooting the transmission into limp home mode. OR the TCM is fried- $600 @ dealership reman! Hopefully the cheaper scenario is the real story.
A very low tire with a greatly different diameter could be an issue with the trans and or traction control amoung others. I think your scanner will give you a very generic code but can not get into the trans computer to see the real codes. Will take a MB quality scanner to see those and clear them; they will still be present and you should remain in limp home mode even if the generic code is cleared wiht your OBDII unit.

09' E320 Bluetec 77k (USA)
09' Hyundai Santa Fe Diesel 48k (S.A.)