View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooner View Post
Thanks LUVMBDIESEL

you state that the broken mounts are causing the problem, I state that the standoff are broken, are we taling about the same thing? I think so. These standoff are approx 1 in in dia appro 3/4 in length made from black rubber and have a bolt coming from each end. One end appears to be screwed into some tabs on a sheet metal mount Air filter housing bracket. (one of which is stripped) You'll need a new one, or set, they're cheap, I have a bunch. and the other bolt is screwed into the inside (underside) of the air filter pan. Connected to a nut on inside of air filter housing. Or are you saying that the sheetmetal bracket that the standoff screw into is broken? Maybe, you'll have to check, remove A/C housing, you'll see. Both parts, normal failure. I do see the rubber seals and they are very plyable and have some oil on them.
And yes I don't plan on running this till it fixed

Thanks again
If the, not you tube, "U" tube! does not fit correctly, perhaps it's upside down. Or not turned just right, it pivots at the openings. Those "standoffs" are there as a shock type affair, to keep your bracket from breaking routinely. The fuel gauge in mine stops reading before the reserve light comes on. I found about that at 3:30 am Christmas...on the interstate. I just fill up now at 1/4 tank. When you turn on key, and the "idiot" lights, light, look for that low fuel orange triangle. The pic shows what I pulled off the '82, except for the new buffer, I mean standoff. And a nearly new bracket. Hope this helps.

84 CD

Last edited by toomany MBZ; 08-06-2007 at 02:52 PM.