View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 02:51 PM
Dieselish

I hate american stuff

I agree. I personally hate american cars.(even though I just bought a 6.5 liter chevy dually). Anyways. my friend is getting ready to convert a late 90's dodge dakota (newer body style) with a turbo diesel 300d. That will be the second gen of this original conversion. This orginal truck was more to see if everything will work out ok. It works great!! anyways I would opt for a 4x4 toyota tacoma crew cab late 90's with a 85 300d with 150,000 or less on the engine. I will do this by the way...

anyways back to my original post..
Who wouldn't want a mercedes diesel pickup truck?

-jon
I just bought a 97 6.5 crew cab dually 5 speed with 30,000 on the engine for a total of 1600. I was thinking of repainting it and selling it for 6 or 7 and doing this whole 300d thing right.. But than again, my veggie conversion interest will use this 6.5 just fine. I want to start a business hauling stuff or something where my main overhead is diesel consumption, then run my truck off veggie. my friend burns through 20g's of diesel a year for his business. Why the heck would you not want to run veggie in this situation?

p.p.s. I have a friend in n.c. who has access to virgin oil for $1.00 a gallon. Come on guys...
blessings,.
jon

dieselishquestions@gmail.com
1983 300SD
1983 300GD