View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 09:21 AM

Lots of top up and down on my 95. I did have the leakly pistons in the header, actually on the drivers side but I replaced both (had them replaced, It wasn't too expensive but I don't remember how much).
The biggest problem was with the control unit. My top light button would not go out and neither the top nor the Windows would go up or down, luckly they were up. I tried all of the resetting tips to no avail. I had to have a new control unit put in, I think about $600 for the unit. This was a case where for a while, everytime I started the car it would take longer and longer for the red light to go out, then it would just come on intermittently at times while driving until finally it came on and stayed on.
I have the old unit, do you think there's any market for it? Can it be repaired? What do you think it might be worth?

I still have the origonal top but it does need replacing. The top itself is in fairly good shape but the windows are pretty messed up. The two sides windows have cracks from the folding / unfolding and the main window is pretty scratched up. I know I can replace just the rear section of the top but I'll probably do the whole thing instead.