View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 08:44 PM
New to MB 84 300D Turbo

Maybe not good idea to hook up EGR valve

Hofler,
The EGR valve is below and infront of the air filter. There are some vacuum diagrams found on phantoms page. As I check out other post it seems a lot of people are disconecting the EGR all together. Brian Carlton seems to have a system to do this but must be sure of what modle you have. Brian if you read this what I have is the 84 300D Turbo diesel. Am I correct in that the ERG will only rob power on this model and can be bypassed alltogether by pulling the white line from the y going into the second y that goes to the tran and other to the green surge damper, then pluging it. Then taking the black line, from the 3/2 valves going to the y which vents to the passenger carpartment, remove it and plug the y. When the 3/2 opens and closes would there not be a slight reduction in the vacume going to the tran due the the additional venting?
Was able to get the motor to stop on it's own when I turn the key off by plugging the yellow line and the yellow/black line which go into the firewall. The Yellow line would not hold any vacuum at all.
Hofler you might want to read the thread by tankdriver "New member- (with transmission problem) and then another by Samuel M. Ross "It's CRITICAL... how you set your transmission's vacuum system on your diesel MBZ...